3 Tablespoons of Rice flour
1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
Dash of salt
2 egg whites
3 Tablespoons of raw sugar
3 Tablespoons of Almond milk
2 egg yolks- well beaten
1 Tablespoon of lemon juice
1 Large apple -thinly sliced (I used a Golden Delicious apple)
1/4 Cup of raw sugar
1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of butter (I used honey butter)
1. Preheat over to 375 degrees (F). Sift flour, salt and baking powder and set aside.
2. With an electric mixer, beat the egg whites until it becomes foamy, then gradually add the 3 tablespoons of sugar, beat until stiff peaks form.
3. Add the milk and egg yolk into the flour mixture and beat it until it becomes a smooth mixture. Used a spatula to scrape to gently fold the batter and lemon juice into the egg whites.
4. Slowly heat a 10 inch buttered skillet. Pour batter into skillet, spread it out evenly.
5. Combine the 1/4 cup of sugar with 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon and set aside.
6. Arrange the apple slices in a pattern over the batter and then sprinkle the sugar/cinnamon mixture over the sliced apples.
7. Bake for 10 minutes or until the top is glazed.
*This dish is best served when it is warm and this recipes yields 4 servings. I saved some of it for my munchkins and we shared it for dessert this evening and they all loved it.
Thank you for stopping by:-)